Are you thinking about starting a business or adding to your existing company’s services and offerings? If so, you have to consider everything. You have to run your cost analysis, do market research, make sure you can supply labor, and ensure you’re not going to be taking up your family’s time. If these things don’t fall in line, it may feel like your dreams will be crushed.
Even if you manage to answer all of those concerns affirmatively, there are a thousand more questions to answer:
- Is now the right time to start a business, economically speaking?
- Do I have the right business idea right now?
- Do I have the experience and expertise to successfully execute my idea?
- Who will help run my business or my new business idea?
- What is the best time of year to launch my new product?
As we approach the coldest time of year, the aim of this article is to help you determine if winter is a good or bad time to start a GellyBall business.
What You Need to Know About Starting a GellyBall Business
In case you haven’t heard of GellyBall or are not well-versed in what starting a Gellyball dealership consists of, here’s what you need to know about this exciting business opportunity.
GellyBall is a Relatively New Game
“GellyBall is the revolutionary, lower-impact shooting game for all ages! Our commercial-grade, battery-powered blasters, launch hydrated gel orbs at targets or other players in a variety of game scenarios.” –
What Makes GellyBall Revolutionary
What makes GellyBall unique among shooting games are the ammo and gameplay. It’s made almost entirely of water, so it’s biodegradable and easy to clean up. When playing outdoors, there’s virtually no clean-up, and inside, you can just sweep or vacuum up the remains.
The gameplay is similar to airsoft and paintball, but the impact is much lower than in those sports. We compare being hit by Gellyball ammo to being flicked with a rubber band.
Is GellyBall Fun for Older Kids and Adults?
The short answer is yes, GellyBall is a blast for all ages. The battery-powered blasters are easy to use, and the low-impact nature of the ammo makes it fun for younger kids. But, we have found teenagers and adults are some of the most enthusiastic fans.
How You Start a GellyBall Business
To start a GellyBall business, you must become a GellyBall dealer. What do we mean by GellyBall Dealer?
“A GellyBall Dealer is an individual or business who offers GellyBall services and products to the general public through private parties, walk-in play, events, festivals, and retail sales.”NC GellyBall.
A GellyBall dealer is a person who owns and manages a GellyBall enterprise. By ensuring there aren’t too many dealers in one location, GellyBall provides dealers with every chance of success. Mobile dealers take GellyBall parties to client events like birthday parties, general gatherings, fundraisers, graduation celebrations, and more. Some GellyBall dealers operate indoor arenas or offer it as an add-on experience for venues like trampoline parks, laser tag facilities, etc.
Thanks to GellyBall’s support and resources, dealers are free to run their businesses however they see fit. It’s your company. GellyBall does not get in the way of that. However, the team is there to help when you need it.
Despite being only a few years old, GellyBall is expanding quickly. It began in Texas but has now spread internationally, with more than 800 merchants in 22 other nations. Each week, almost 30,000 players participate in GellyBall. The brand is getting steadily more recognizable and is becoming a global phenomenon.
How Much Does it Cost to Get Started?
The cost of buying your GellyBall dealership is relatively low. You can start hosting GellyBall events and receive all the equipment you need by becoming a GellyBall dealer for $3,995.
With the Basic GellyBall Dealership Kit, you get:
- 12 Blasters (Sometimes bonus blasters are available)
- 12 Masks
- 24 Batteries
- 500,000 Gellyballs
- 10 Inflatable Bunkers
- Starter Accessories
- Free Shipping
In addition to the tools you need, GellyBall sets you up for success with resources like:
- Onboarding & Training Resources
- Business Startup Resources
- Marketing & Media Resources
- Support from GellyBall & Other Dealers
- Protection from Over-Saturation (by population & dealership type)
- Access to the Online Dealer Store
- Wholesale Pricing on Retail Ready Products
- Access to Warranty & Ammo Program with its Own Benefits.
This is everything you need to run a successful GellyBall party. For larger operations, there is another level of kit that includes:
- 18 G2 GellyBlasters*
- 12 GellyMasks
- 24 Batteries
- 5000,000 1 Million Gellyballs (Ammo)*
- 10 Inflatable Bunkers
- Starter Accessories
- GellyBall Game System with 10 vests, 20 sensors, and Game Controller
- Free Shipping
- ** The 6 Extra Blasters and 500k extra GellyBalls courtesy of NC GellyBall state operator for new GellyBall Dealers purchasing this kit for a limited time!
There are no mandatory ongoing fees, but dealers can opt into a monthly ammo subscription with varying degrees of benefits for as low as $49/month. Your business may incur other monthly costs for which you should be prepared, such as:
- Rent and utilities (especially for fixed locations)
- Fuel and vehicle wear and tear
- Other typical business expenses
Is Now a Good Time to Start a Business?
With concerns about inflation and supply chain issues, you may wonder if now is a good time to start a business at all. We addressed this at length in a previous post.
“Roughly 178,300 new businesses were legally created across the state last year, up 40% from the year before — which was itself a record, according to the Secretary of State’s office.”The Carolina Journal.
The key to making any time the right time for starting your new business is having a great idea! Something you believe in that is marketable and has a large profit margin can be successful; you don’t necessarily have to create something that will change the world to be successful.
GellyBall dealers report gross profit margins of up to 98%. People are always searching for ways to have fun and entertain kids. With the right vision, marketing, effort, and hustle, your GellyBall business has a great chance of success at any time.
Winter is Coming – Should I Start Now or Wait Until Spring?
You may be sold entirely on the GellyBall idea, but you might see winter as a bad time to start an entrainment business. Here are a few factors to consider and some encouragement to get in as soon as possible.
- Indoor/Outdoor: If you are considering an indoor GellyBall business, winter is the perfect time to start. Even mobile GellyBall dealers can operate indoors. Schools, church gyms, and other venues are just as fun as backyards and parks. Finding your market is key to keeping the action going through winter.
- Growth: With GellyBall growing and our efforts to not oversaturate certain areas, you may not have time to wait until after winter, especially in smaller towns and counties.
- Scalability: Late fall and winter can give you time to practice running parties for friends and family, so you can get your process down, train staff, and make sure you’re ready for a full grand opening by spring.
- Weather: We’re in the South. Sometimes, the weather doesn’t cooperate during winter, but sometimes it’s sunny and when it should be snowy and cold. When it is warm, people are going to want to play GellyBall outside. It could be the perfect season to begin to build your prospect lists and gain enthusiastic regular clients.
- Price: The entry fees to becoming a dealer are not likely to decrease any time soon.
There may be some reasons to delay starting your GellyBall business, but we typically believe that if you’re really ready, now is the time to get started! The game is fun! You can grow at your pace. A lot of the work will typically be on weekends, so it can be a side hustle or completely replace your income. This is a unique opportunity in the early stages of GellyBall’s history. It is the perfect time to get started with your new business or side hustle.
In practically all of North Carolina’s major cities, as well as the majority of its smaller towns, there is an opportunity for more GellyBall dealers. Contact NC GellyBall right away to learn more about how to launch your GellyBall business in North Carolina.